Comics, Movies, Video Games, and More

"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

~Ephesians 5:16

Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Godzilla Figure Collection

Did I really spend $125 on just a figure? Yes, yes I did. Godzilla figure collecting is surprisingly a pretty recent hobby. I've had a Bandai Creation Godzilla 54 and a Bandai Creation Showa Gigan for over ten years, but never started 'collecting' until this past January. Being part of the TOHO Kingdom forums was a huge influence in my decision to start collecting. As a Godzilla fan, I really wanted to start collecting these things. At first, I thought it was going to be a one-shot thing, In January I had purchased a $20 Movie Monsters Destoroyah. But then I saw this wonderful looking $60 Mecha King Ghidorah. But the price, how was I going to get it? Well, I eventually did manage to get it, like a week later I had mustered enough money. Ever since, I've been collecting. It's to the point where spending $100 on a single figure feels normal! Now for the fun part, below are photos from my still-growing collection, which was actually featured over at ComicBookMovie. Let the fun begin...

The main Godzillas will of course kick it off.

Some more Gs.

You can never have too many Godzillas!

A bunch of  6 inch Bandai figures, led by Titanosaurus.

Another angle showcasing Gamera, Zetton, and Kiryu.

Various figures

Fake Godzilla and Gorosaurus look EPIC in this pic.

Some cool figures, Y-MSF Megalon especially looks impressive here.

Showa Baragon taking center stage.

My personal favorite Rodan figure.

Isn't Anguirus just cute?!

The three main Ghidorahs.

The 'big boy,' the largest figure I own, the large scale Godzilla 91.

My most expensive ($125) and favorite figure, Keizer Ghidorah, taking center stage.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of figures :O My favorite is Final Wars Gigan, but Megalon may be a close 2nd. You definitely can never have too many Big G's. Godzilla is just far too incredible! Glad you're keeping up the Godzila legacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the regular or the Chainsaw version?

      Delete
  2. Chainsaw definitely! It really stands out and just looks really hardcore :D

    ReplyDelete