Comics, Movies, Video Games, and More

"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

~Ephesians 5:16

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Leave a Legacy


If you were to die right now, what would your legacy be?

I don't think there are many people my age with that kind of thought process. Sure, not all of us are going to be presidents or millionaires or owners of a corporation, but that doesn't mean we can't leave a great legacy behind. Of course leaving a legacy shouldn't be your first primary objective. First you want to make sure you know where you're going when your time has passed. Knowing that fact, you can begin to make a difference in the world in whatever career, job, or anywhere in which you are placed. Starting here are the seeds for a legacy.

If I were to meet my demise right now, I would probably be remembered as a "nice guy," "big Godzilla fan" "Ultra nice cashier," "a passionate AWANA leader," and so fourth. Now that I've used myself as an example, I will pose that question to you. See, if you're not doing anything or not striving toward something with a purpose, no legacy will be left. Not only that, but Christians should have a legacy. We are called to do things in this world.

Why don't we look at the Bible for some examples? Jesus Christ has the greatest legacy the world has ever known. But, He was a perfect man. Let us take a look at some others. King David, Solomon, and Saul. Unlike Jesus, these men were not perfect and commited sins. David committed adultery, Solomon turned to idolatry at a later point in his life, and Saul openly persecuted Christians. Despite all of this, these men's legacies prevailed. David is still known as Israel's greatest king, Solomon the wisest king, and Saul later Paul who turned from his life of persecuting and became one of the greatest evangelists the world has seen.

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." ~Romans 3:23

We have all sinned in the past and will most likely do so again in the present and future. But, we don't have to let that control our legacy. You can still make a difference despite what you might have done in the past. If Saul, a man who openly persecuted Christians can turn his life into one full of legacy, you can too. Also, having a a great legacy is more important that trying to possess things. As Proverbs 22:1 says,

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."

You can make a difference today, and tomorrow you will leave a

LEGACY

1 comment:

  1. To be perfectly honest, I doubt that I would really leave a legacy behind. Sure, family and some acquaintances would notice that I have left the world, but not many. DReager1 shall definitely have a legacy since I've been to many sites and caused many....issues and debates, but I have always made sure to keep my personas separate. Nobody in RL will know that I'm DReager1 and nobody will know that I am also TerryTheMan from Gaming. So, I will have a cyber legacy, but it won't be linked to me. I'm not really the type to go after fame, nor will I miss it. It would be cool to have a legacy, but I don't think that it's something that will happen to me.

    Solid post Destroyer and a good background. You definitely got a lot of snow out there!

    ReplyDelete